Thursday, October 4, 2007

Camryn Annika Goodwin

I know that this is a little bit of old information, but I also know that a lot of you haven't heard the details. I wanted to give a better introduction to my little angel than I did in my last post. I have to say that I had a pretty awesome pregnancy. The first trimester I got a little sick (and only threw up once!) but really it wasn't bad at all. Then my second trimester was a breeze! Even though I was feeling great I swear my stomach was getting huge! The third trimester was going great too until we found out our little girl was breech... I tried all the silly stretches and tricks I could find on the internet to get her to flip, but she was quite happy to stay as she was. So just after I hit 37 weeks I went into the hospital to have an external version done. This was an experience that I hope I don't have to have again, but it was worth it in the end. Our little girl flipped after 20 minutes of trying, but she stayed head down! Two weeks before my due date I was SO ready to be done! I felt so huge, tired, uncomfortable, and anxious! I didn't care how much it was going to hurt or what I had to do, I was just ready! My due date was July 5th but my little peanut was happy to be where she was for a few more days. Two days before she was born, I started to get contractions, but they were so irregular. I was also hoping like everyone else, that I would have the baby on 07/07/07 but that didn't happen. Finally on July 8th at around 4:00 am I went into labor! I didn't go into the hospital though until 1:00 pm and even then they almost sent me home! So I walked the halls, sat in the tub, etc. Then finally around 9:00 pm it was time to push. I had been pushing for over an hour when my uterus started to give out and I had to be put on pitocin to help with the contractions. It worked though and my baby girl was born at 10:56 pm on July 8, 2007. She arrived healthy and happy!

She has always been a calm and relaxed baby. When I had the external version done, she was sleeping, and even when she was being pushed out the nurse said she was sleeping! She was born at 6 lbs 11 oz and 20 1/2 in long.


Paul and I were so happy that she arrived safe and healthy! The whole time I was in labor, Paul was right there by my side. He was so supportive and sweet. I feel so blessed to not only have such a wonderful husband but an incredible daughter as well. She has been the best baby from day one and we are sure that she will continue to be! It is hard to believe sometimes that we are parents and that she is actually ours to keep, but I wouldn't have it any other way!!! I love being a mom!!!


0 comments: