Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Host Book Signing

So this week I got to be an obsessive teenage girl...and it was an awful lot of fun!!! I was lucky enough to go to the book signing for the newly released sci-fi novel, The Host! This book is written by the same author that wrote the Twilight series, Stephenie Meyer. I love her novels and writing style so much that I just had to take this opportunity to meet her. I knew that if I didn't go I would regret it. Plus, how often do opportunities like this come along?! My mom was so sweet to me too. I was telling her last week how much I wanted to go and that I was going to go, but I didn't want to go by myself. So what does my mom do? Fly out just to go with me! I love her to death! Thanks for the great time mom!
The signing and discussion was at The Mall of America. There were SO MANY people there! Most of which were teenage girls, but there were a few teen boys, even more moms, and a mix of everything in between. It was really interesting to see who turned out.

So after waiting in line with my mom for a while, it was finally time for Stephenie to come out and talk to us! She seems so awesome! Very down to earth, quite funny, passionate about her writing and the characters of her books, and all around a very sweet person. It was a lot of fun to listen to her answer some questions about The Host, and even one about the Twilight movie coming out.
The picture above was actually taken after I had been through the line. I don't think I could stress enough just how many people were there. I'm guessing that Stephenie was probably there signing for 3+ hours! And they were moving people along quite quickly too!

So here I am just about to the front of the line! I was very excited!

Stephenie Meyer: Fabulous Author!

So after waiting quite a while and lots of standing, I finally got to meet Stephenie! It was really pretty cool and kinda strange to see this person that you've seen on TV and on the internet right there, in real life, in front of you.
So here is my book that she signed. She even made a comment like everyone else about how my name is so different, but that she liked it. Kinda funny!

All in all, it was a lot of fun to be apart of all the hype and excitement of a crowd of people that all share something in common that they love. Also, it was a lot of fun to be with my mom just one on one. Probably my favorite part of the whole thing was when Stephenie Meyer came out on stage, and everyone was clapping and screaming, and my mom screamed at the top of her lungs!!! It was a scream that would rival even the most hormone driven obsessed 15 year old out there! It was fantastic!!! I love my mom! She really is amazing!
See? You can tell how silly we got!
What a fun and great experience though! It was totally worth it and I would definitely do it again!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I am so glad you posted about this! Your Mom is so cute! And so are you with your blonde bob!

Cammie said...

Looks like you had a good time. I'm jelous!

Caroline Marshall said...

Your mom is so cool. You are so lucky to get to go to the book signing - it sounds like it was fun. Also, Camryn looks so cute with her ears pierced.

Unknown said...

I just bought the book yesterday and I am going to the book signing here on Saturday! I am so excited!! Looks like you had so much fun! Love you